V Kachumbari (East Africa dish)
Kachumbari is commonly eaten in East Africa, often over rice with beans on the side.
- two to four tomatoes, thinly sliced
- one medium onion, chopped
- one (more or less) pepper and/or hot pepper, cleaned, seeds removed, chopped
- juice or one or two lemons or limes, or a few tablespooons of vinegar
- up to one teaspoon salt
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- one cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced (optional)
- one small cabbage, shredded (optional)
What you do
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Toss to coat all ingredients with lemon or lime juice. Set aside in a cool place before serving.
- Serve Kachumbari with rice.