V Roasted Rutabaga and Root Vegetables
- 1 butternut squash - peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 3 turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon dried or 3 T. fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, parsley, oregano,
Should end up being 6-8 cups of winter vegetables
- Preheat an oven to 450 F
- Place the butternut squash, carrots, sweet potato, rutabaga, parsnips, and turnips into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper, and place the vegetables into a deep roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the vegetables have lightly browned around the edges and are tender, about 45 minutes. Stir once as the vegetables roast to ensure even cooking.
*It's great served with roasted garlic as well!!