- Tear the greens into large pieces, wash under running water to clean well, drain.\
- Preheat a heavy skillet with olive oil, add sliced onion and garlic; cook stirring frequently until onions begin to lightly brown, add minced jalapeño peppers.
- Place the cooked onions in the bottom of the crockpot, add the drained greens, ham hock, crushed red pepper and water.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until greens are tender.
- Remove meat from bones, discarding bone and fat.
- Shred the meat and return to pot, mixing well; adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each serving of the greens with balsamic vinegar to taste.
from the RecipeZaar website