Butternut Squash Spoon Bread
24 oz. butternut squash chopped (5 cups)
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. butter
1 c. milk
1 T chopped fresh sage
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs, separated
1/4 c. finely chopped walnuts, toasted
1. Heat oven to 425. Spray a 10 x 15 pan with cooking spray. Place squash in single layer in pan.
Bake 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes or until tender. Cool 5 minutes. Reduce oven temp
2. Spray 8 custard cups or ramekins with cooking spray. Place cups on cookie sheet. Then in a
food processor place squash, cheese, flour, butter, milk, sage, salt, and egg yolks. Cover;
process, using quick on and off motions until well blended. Spoon the squash mixture into a
3. In a medium bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold the egg whites into the squash.
4. Fill custard cups with mixture evenly divided.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes or until slightly puffed and golden brown. Sprinkle with walnuts and serve warm.