Salmon and Sweet Potato Fish Cakes
1 lb salmon fillets
1 T. olive oil
1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 scallions, finely chopped leaves
1 small garlic clove peeled and crushed
grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
1/3 c. fine cornmeal 1 tsp.
sunflower oil, for frying
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
salad greens, to serve
Lemon and Rosemary Mayonnaise
leaves from 1 sprig of rosemary
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 egg yolks
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/4 c. olive oil
1-2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Place fillets on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with the olive oil. Wrap the foil loosely around the salmon and back for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave until cold.
2. flake the flesh with a fork, reserve juices.
3. Meanwhile cook the potatoes inlightly salted, boiling water for15 minutes. Drain well, return to the saucepan and dry out briefly over light heat. mash coursely and set aside to cool.
4. Add the fish and the juices, scallions, garlic, lemon zest and juice tothe cooled potatoes. Season to taste and mix well. Shape into 8 small fish cakes and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. To make the lemon and rosemary mayonnaise, grind the rosemary leave and salt to a powder with a mortar and pestle. Place in a food processor with egg yolks and mustard - just blend briefly. Gradually add the oil until thick and glossy. Add lemon juice to taste.
6. Coat the fishcakes with cornmeal. Put enough oil to cover the base in a skillet and heat through until hot. Add the fish cakes and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve with mayonnaise and greens.