Pumpkin and Coconut Soup
A great creamy texture winter weather soup! ** Add coconut milk at the end of the cooking or it will curdle if boiled.
1 TBSP coconut oil
1 medium white onion, diced
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp chile powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
pinch ground nutmeg
3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
3. pumpkin puree or try squash - even sweet potato
1 TBSP fresh lime juice
1 c. light coconut milk
salt and ground pepper to taste
3/4 c. nonfat greek style plain yogurt
6 TBSP raw green pumplin seeds
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Add onion and cook until translucent...5 minutes
2. Add the next 4 spices, cook for 1 minute stirring frequently, until fragrant.
3. Add broth, pumpkin, and whisk until incorporated and smooth, adding up to 1 cup water if broth is too thick. The soup should coat the back of the spoon.
4. Bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add lime juice. Stir in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve by topping with yogurt and pumpkin seeds...